Inside out peanut butter cookie cups
Jenny’s winter break post comes with a recipe from home and the cutest little brother ever.
One of the perks of going home is not only having a fully stocked kitchen, but also having an enthusiastic sous-chef (My little brother, Keaton.) to do all of the mixing. Our favorite standby is peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, but this time, I decided to switch it up a little by making stuffed cookie cups after seeing them on Sugarloco, but using our favorite recipe:
Keaton and Jenny’s Inside Out Peanut Butter Cup Cookies:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar or honey
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 all purpose flour
Approximately 6 ounces of chocolate chips, extra peanut butter, or whatever else you want to stuff into the cookies (Sugarloco used oreos, which sound amazing.).
1. Cream the butter together with the peanut butter, stir in the granulated sugar and the brown sugar, then the baking soda and baking powder. Then, add the egg, the vanilla, and finally, the flour. Stir until combined.
2. Butter two mini cup-cake tins, and roll bits of dough into half inch balls.
3. Place the dough into the tins, and press your preferred fillings into the dough. Cover with another ball of dough, and flatten.
4. Pop the cookies into an oven, preheated to 300 degrees fahrenheit, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
5. Take them out, remove the cookies from the tins, let cool on wire racks.
Written by: jennyxu